As we celebrate the centenary of the Church in Wales in 2020, our diocese is inspired by and guided by the Five Marks of Mission.
- To proclaim the good news of the kingdom
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To challenge violence, injustice and oppression, and work for peace and reconciliation*
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
The Five Marks were developed by the Anglican Consultative Council at successive meetings from 1984 to 1990 when, at its meeting in Wales, they were finally adopted.
*The fourth mark was updated in late 2012 to reflect the importance of God’s mission in peace, conflict transformation and reconciliation.
C3PO - The Carbon Crunching Clerics
The Mission prayer takes us to the heart of what we believe God is calling us to do and to become. We know that plans and initiatives will always depend on the quality of Christian living and discipleship in the diocese. And so we pray:
O God, pioneer of new ways,
guardian of ancient ways
and leader on unknown ways:
teach your church in our
Diocese of St Davids
to understand and live the Good News of salvation shown to us in Jesus Christ Lord and Saviour;
Make us to be your light,
make us partners in your mission
reflecting your glory in all our ways.
We pray that your illuminating of our lives will inspire others to find their way with you;
Then O God shall all people walk in your truth and share your life
worshipping you in the power of the Holy Spirit for all eternity.