This section aims to provide resources for the diocese…for everyone
The Season of Creation starts on the 1st of September and there is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the World Day of Prayer for Creation as it falls on a Sunday this year.
This year, rather than following themes, the Season of Creation materials are following the readings for the lectionary; you can find the manual at:
There is also an ecumenical on-line preaching resource based on the Revised Common Lectionary with sermon and liturgical notes for each Sunday. The theme of the notes focusses on Care for Creation and Sustainability. The Anglican Communion will be providing materials for six of the months, with voices from around the Globe. http://www.sustainable-preaching.org/
Additional ideas are available on www.seasonofcreation.org
Please register your Season of Creation events on http://seasonofcreation.org/register/ – this will go out ecumenically so that others can join in. Use the hashtag #seasonofcreation
VE DAY 75 – nine months away but the planning has started
The 8th May 1945 was the day peace emerged after nearly six years of war, so the 75th anniversary on 8th May 2020 is an important milestone in our history.
Anniversary celebrations, VE Day 75, will cover the weekend of 8th – 10th May 2020, and will be an international celebration of peace – a time to remember, reflect and pay tribute to the millions who played such a vital part in achieving it.
A wide-ranging series of national events is planned for the anniversary weekend. But local churches and other organisations are encouraged to get involved in their communities.
all the important(but slightly boring) stuff
- Policies includes policy documents released by the diocese, along with links to provincial policy documents.
- Ministry Share includes details and information on the way that the Ministry Share – the money that parishes give to the diocese in order to maintain the Church’s Ministry – is calculated.
- Forms includes several frequently used forms for you to download and fill out, along with links to other forms on the provincial site; also other useful information such as a table of Marriage Fees and Confirmation Instructions.
- Children & Youth – materials and links to help with ministry to children and young people
- Intercessions allows you to download the Diocesan Calendar of Intercessions for the current and future months.
- Data Protection (GDPR) What every parish needs to do
- CMD – materials used in past sessions to view or download
- Worship provides links to current liturgies and other resources for use in a variety of contexts
- DAC gives access to the resources of the Diocesan Advisory Committee, which provides advice on matters relating to church buildings, churchyards, organs, faculties and the like.
- Grants reveals possible sources of advice and financial assistance for a wide variety of projects.
- Financial Stewardship – tips, tools and materials for building a giving church
- Interfaith – information about the diocesan interfaith team and links to related organisations
- Picture Galleries –