This section aims to provide resources for the diocese…for everyone
THY KINGDOM COME (25th May – 4th June 2017)V is a global prayer movement, which invites Christians around the world to pray between Ascension and Pentecost for more people to come to know Jesus Christ.
What started out as an invitation from the Archbishops’ of Canterbury and York in 2016 to the Church of England has grown into an international and ecumenical call to prayer.
The hope is that:
• people will commit to pray with God’s world-wide family – as a church, individually or
as a family;
• churches will hold prayer events, such as 24-7 prayer, prayer stations and prayer walks
• people will be empowered through prayer by the Holy Spirit, finding new confidence to
be witnesses for Jesus Christ.
The Bishop hopes that we as a Diocese may embrace this call to prayer. The Parish Growth Group will be working on some ideas for use in this Diocese, please look out for more details as they emerge.
all the important(but slightly boring) stuff
- Policies includes policy documents released by the diocese, along with links to provincial policy documents.
- Ministry Share includes details and information on the way that the Ministry Share – the money that parishes give to the diocese in order to maintain the Church’s Ministry – is calculated.
- Forms includes several frequently used forms for you to download and fill out, along with links to other forms on the provincial site; also other useful information such as a table of Marriage Fees and Confirmation Instructions.
- Children & Youth – materials and links to help with ministry to children and young people
- Intercessions allows you to download the Diocesan Calendar of Intercessions for the current and future months.
- CMD – materials used in past sessions to view or download
- Liturgy provides links to current liturgies for use in baptism and confirmation, marriage, funerals and daily prayer
- DAC gives access to the resources of the Diocesan Advisory Committee, which provides advice on matters relating to church buildings, churchyards, organs, faculties and the like.
- Grants reveals possible sources of advice and financial assistance for a wide variety of projects.
- Financial Stewardship – tips, tools and materials for building a giving church
- Interfaith – information about the diocesan interfaith team and links to related organisations