TY’R PERERIN is the diocese’s Education & Pilgrimage Centre, based at St Davids Cathedral. It offers a wide range of courses, programmes and events linked to the national curriculum for both primary and secondary schools and also offers faciulities for diocesan meetings and activities.
Ways to encourage
school and group visits to your Church:
- Your local authority’s education department will distribute a weekly ‘post bag’ to all schools in your area – ask them if you can send information to schools this way.
- Your local library will have a directory of all local groups and societies – including scouts/guides etc.
- Produce a poster and an information sheet about tours for children, and distribute them as widely as possible – use them as flyers to send to schools/groups and display them in local post offices, tourist information centres, libraries, churches etc.
- Invite your local Mayor & other well known people to take part in a charitable event. Invite the press and tell them that other group tours are available (try this publicity stunt with each successive Mayor as the summer season starts).
- Involve visitors in your advertising – give groups copies of posters for display on their premises/where they meet.
- Make sure you contact all groups at least once a year to remind them of your services – mailings often get misplaced or lost through the year.