Tir Dewi was established after discussions with many people from all walks of the rural scene, in trying to answer the need and plight of an ever increasing demand upon farmers and those associated with the agricultural industry.
It is a non-denominational charity working for the benefit of those that are in need of a listening ear and to provide a hand of direction to those within the agricultural industry who are finding modern day demands challenging. Too often we hear tragic stories regarding isolation within the rural community, and we aim to reach those in need.
0800 121 4722 TIRDEWI.CO.UK
Tir Dewi operates a free phone helpline number for farming families in need in the counties of Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire, staffed by volunteers trained in listening and seeking the best course of action and the appropriate people to help with the different needs that arise.
The specific role of Tir Dewi will be a confidential listening ear, ready and able to help farmers in difficult times, sympathetically offering direction to aim to solve the problems facing each individual farmer.
JULY UPDATE: Tir Dewi has officially granted full charity status by the Charity Commission. The stated objectives are:
- THE RELIEF OF FARMERS IN WALES WHO ARE IN NEED BY REASON OF ILL-HEALTH, FINANCIAL HARDSHIP, BEREAVEMENT OR OTHER DISADVANTAGE.
- TO PROVIDE A BILINGUAL CONFIDENTIAL SUPPORT AND ADVOCACY SERVICE IN WELSH AND ENGLISH TO FARMERS AND THEIR DEPENDANTS.
- TO PROVIDE A SUPPORT AND SIGN-POST SERVICE WORKING WITH OTHER AGENCIES TO SEEK RESOLUTIONS TO INDIVIDUALS’ PROBLEMS.
- TO PROVIDE AN ADVOCACY SERVICE.
- TO OFFER DIRECTION AND SUPPORT WITH THE AIM TO ASSIST WITH INDIVIDUALS’ PROBLEMS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FINANCIAL ADVICE, REGULATORY ADVICE AND MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT. THESE SERVICES WILL BE SOUGHT FROM A REGISTER OF APPROPRIATELY TRAINED AND QUALIFIED VOLUNTEERS.
Working closely and alongside the established aid agencies in our rural areas like
- Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institute,
- Farming Community Network
- DPJ Foundation
- National Farmers Union
- Farmers Union of Wales
- Young Farmers Club Movement
- Welsh Government Farm Liaison Team,
- Animal Health
- Trading Standards,
Tir Dewi aims to reach the most vulnerable and together seek the same goal to find a positive resolution to farmers problems.
Every farmer is an individual, every individual needs a resolution, and that’s the aim of Tir Dewi.
May the words of Psalm 121 inspire us: I look to the mountains, where will my help come from? My help will come from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
Tir Dewi is proud to acknowledge financial support given by the Prince’s Countryside Fund