The Diocesan Communications Team is committed to a programme which aims to inspire a communications culture at every level of church life. It does this through a variety of channels:
- the diocesan newspaper Pobl Dewi, distributed free four times a year to churches and communities throughout west Wales
- this website, designed both as a window on church life for visitors and enquirers and as a resource centre for parishes
- Our interactive Facebook and Twitter pages linking people and places across the diocese…and beyond
- the Diocesan Calendar of Intercessions, which provides a focus for daily prayer and suggestions for meditation throughout the year, and links the Church in Wales with the worldwide Christian community
- the diocesan yearbook which gives information and contact details for our churches, clergy, officers and structures.
- encouragement for parishes to engage imaginatively in faith tourism, providing resources to enable visitors to appreciate the rich heritage of Celtic Christianity
- training courses in skills such as broadcasting, writing press releases, photography and parish magazine editing and design
- support for local communications initiatives, both within parishes and in reaching out to their communities
- co-ordinating the Church’s presence at prominent public events, designing and supplying static and dynamic display material and literature
Overall, the Team is charged with the continuous development of a coherent communications policy within the diocese, and inviting parishes into a creative partnership to bring it to life.