The Diocese of St Davids is seeking to recruit to its key executive position of Diocesan Secretary.
The Diocesan Secretary leads the senior management team of the DBF and works closely with the Bishop in supporting the development and implementation of strategy and policy to further God’s mission and ministry to the people of this Welsh diocese.
The Diocesan Secretary has a wide-ranging brief that encompasses office and personnel responsibility and is based at the Diocesan Office, Abergwili, Carmarthen.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the efficient leadership of the administration, finances and governance of the DBF, acting as its Company Secretary and will be the Lay Secretary to the Diocesan Conference.
Salary: £53,252 – £57,347 (dependent upon experience & qualifications) per annum
- Possess a strong commitment to the culture and ethos of the Diocese and the Church in Wales
- · Be appropriately professionally qualified
- · Demonstrate evidence of proven strategic and operational management
- · Be a creative and strategic thinker
- · Possess strong financial acumen
- · Be a team player who can motivate others
- · Have the ability to work well with a variety of individuals, groups and committees
A contributory pension scheme is available
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact the Chairman of the DBF, Mr Nick Griffin on 01834 831544;
the Bishop’s Chaplain and Clerical Secretary to the Diocesan Conference, the Revd Canon Paul Mackness 01267 236597 Email
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12 noon, 15th September 2017
Shortlisting: 19th September 2017
Interviews: 11th October 2017
Further details from:
Further details and application pack from:
Revd Canon Paul Mackness
Phone number: 01267 236597
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org