Lockdown 2 and St Davids Cathedral
As Wales goes into a short Firebreak period of closure to assist in dealing with Coronavirus, (2 weeks, 3 Sundays) we wanted to let you know the various means for you still being able to keep in touch and be involved in Cathedral life. This will include online worship and a #LockdownLibrary series of online items to continue to give you access to our eclectic Cathedral Library collection.
Message from the Dean:
Keep in touch:
- each morning at around 9.30am - on Twitter @StDavCathLib - Bilingual Myfyrdod /Thought for the Day with a scripture verse or prayer, and an image of one of the special places in the Cathedral
- each lunchtime there will be a #LockdownLibrary item on @StDavCathLib and also accessible on the webpage www.StDavidsCathedral.org.uk/discover/library . A timetable of items will be posted on this webpage - keep an eye out.
- every Friday at 12 noon - livestreamed Pilgrim Prayers from the restored shrine of St David on the Cathedral Facebook page
- Buy a book to read in lockdown - you can buy online from the Library the facsimile copy of the iconic "The History & Antiquities of St David's" 1856 by Basil Jones and E.A.Freeman, £20 + £3.50P&P - information here: https://www.stdavidscathedral.org.uk/discover/library
- Buy another book to read in lockdown - you can buy online from the Library "A New History of the Church in Wales" Edited by Norman Doe, £20 + £3.50P&P - information here: https://www.stdavidscathedral.org.uk/discover/library
Sunday 25th October at 11.15am - livestreamed Holy Eucharist, including single cantor and organ music -https://www.facebook.com/pg/stdavidscathedral/videos/?ref=page_internal
Sunday 1st November at 11.15am - livestreamed Holy Eucharist, including single cantor and organ music -https://www.facebook.com/pg/stdavidscathedral/videos/?ref=page_internal
Monday 2nd November at 5.30pm - livestreamed special service for All Souls - https://www.facebook.com/pg/stdavidscathedral/videos/?ref=page_internal
Sunday 8th November at 10.45am - livestreamed special service for Remembrance, with the Silence at 11am - https://www.facebook.com/pg/stdavidscathedral/videos/?ref=page_internal
Monday 9th November - Cathedral, and rest of the nation, reopens