This handbook is an initiative of the Diocesan Ecumenical Team to encourage and facilitate parishes to cooperate and work more closely with other Churches that we may fulfil the demands of the Gospel and be more effective in our mission
The handbook is a very valuable resource for several reasons:
- It gives a very clear definition of ecumenism
- It explains the various umbrella organisations in Wales that seek to promote Christian Unity.
- It addresses the legal framework that facilitates cooperation between different denominations. This is crucial as we seek to be faithful to our own tradition whilst sharing with others in ministry and mission.
- This section covers a range of topics, which will be of practical help to ministers and congregations.
- Finally, you will find a very useful chapter of contacts from the main denominations in Wales.