This section will tell you a little more about what is happening in the diocese. Click on the tabs or the links to find out more:
- The Five Marks of Mission inspire St Davids diocesan direction as we approach our centenary.
- Diocesan Structure – as part of the diocesan strategy, the diocese has introduced a new organisational structure. Here’s what it looks like
- Ministry – the Ministry of God’s Church is exercised by every baptised member of the Church in this Diocese. Some of those are called to the ordained ministry, either stipendiary or non-stipendiary clergy. There are also those who exercise a ministry with a permission to officiate from the Bishop. We also have several authorised lay ministries in the form of Lay Readers, Worship Leaders, Pastoral Assistants, Pastoral Eucharistic Assistants and Eucharistic Assistants. We are committed to encourage everyone to realise and exercise their Christian calling.
- Children and Youth – our combined team encourages and supports a wide range of events and activities aimed at young people
- Church Schools – contact details for the 31 church schools in the diocese + general background information about the work of the Education Team
Communication lies right at the heart of Christianity, whose main message is that Jesus Christ is good news. Follow this link for more details about our Communication Team
- Pobl Dewi is the Diocesan Newspaper. This section includes details on submitting articles plus links to the current and all past editions, .
- Mothers’ Union The MU is working together to support families and see relationships flourish. We do this by praying, enabling and campaigning together to see communities transformed
The Diocesan World Mission & Ecumenism Team seeks to broaden the horizons of people in the parishes by reminding them that they are part of a world-wide fellowship made up of Christians of different denominations and cultures. We encourage people to work together with their Christian brothers and sisters at home and abroad as we seek to proclaim the good news of God’s Kingdom in practical ways today.
The Ecumenical Handbook is available online by following this link.
- Financial Stewardship – Stewardship is an expression of faith, it is a spiritual discipline that encompasses our very being as Christians; God created all things, and created us to be the stewards of all creation. Being good stewards involves respecting creation by having a good relationship with our fellow human beings and the environment in which we live